Leslie P. Culver - California Western
Leslie P. Culver
Legal Writing Professor
J.D. Saint Louis University School of Law
B.S. Truman State University [formerly Northeast Missouri State University, criminal justice, psychology]
Introduction to Legal Skills, Legal Skills I, Legal Skills II, Internship Seminar [Course Descriptions]
Prior to joining the faculty at California Western School of Law in 2009, Leslie Culver was an Assistant Professor at Saint Louis University School of Law, her alma mater, where she taught Legal Research & Writing and Missouri Civil Procedure. Prior to teaching, she was an Associate Attorney at Husch & Eppenberger (now Husch Blackwell Sanders), a business litigation firm in St. Louis, Missouri. There, her practice focused on representing clients in the areas of medical malpractice, real estate law, product liability and general business litigation. She also enjoyed a substantial pro bono practice consisting of representing clients in cases arising from landlord-tenant disputes, orders of protection, children with disabilities and outstanding warrants for traffic violations, in St. Louis circuit and municipal courts and surrounding communities. During and immediately following law school, Culver clerked for then Chief Judge Mary K. Hoff and, the late Honorable Lawrence G. Crahan, of the Missouri Court of Appeals.
Throughout her career as a litigation attorney, Culver conducted numerous writing workshops for the Black Law Student Association and Women Lawyer's Student Association at Saint Louis University School of Law. She also volunteered as a Truancy Court judge, and served as Chair of the Bar Association Commission for St. Louis Mound City Bar Association, where she was active in evaluating and documenting the diversity efforts and minority participation in the various local bar associations.
Culver currently serves as a Board Member for Affordable Housing Advocates, Chair of California Westerns' Diversity Committee, and has served as a presenter and panel member at numerous academic and legal writing conferences.
- Leslie P. Culver, 15 Mo. Prac., Civil Rules Practice (Rules 41-55) §§ 41.01-55 .33-8 (4th ed. 2012 & 2013 Cum. Supp.).
- Leslie P. Culver, 12 Mo. Prac., Jurisdiction, Venue, Limitations §§ 1:1-8:394 (3d ed. 2013 Cum. Supp.).
- Leslie P. Wallace, 12 Mo. Prac., Jurisdiction, Venue, Limitations §§1:1-8:394 (3d ed. 2011 Cum. Supp.).
- Leslie P. Wallace, 15 Mo. Prac., Civil Rules Practice (Rules 41-55) §§ 41.01-55 .33-8 (3d ed. 2011 Cum. Supp.).
- Leslie P. Wallace, 12 Mo. Prac., Jurisdiction, Venue, Limitations §§ 1:1-8:394 (3d ed. 2010 Cum. Supp.).
- Leslie P. Wallace, 15 Mo. Prac., Civil Rules Practice (Rules 41-55) §§ 41.01-55 .33-8 (3d ed. 2010 Cum. Supp.).
Law Review Articles
- Leslie P. Wallace, “And I Don’t Know Why It Is That You Threw Your Life Away”: Abolishing Life Without Parole, The Supreme Court in Graham v. Florida Now Requires States to Give Juveniles Hope for a Second Chance, 20 B.U. Pub. Int. L.J. 35 (2010).
- Leslie P. Wallace, Mentoring: A Vital Concept for Every Lawyer, 5 Missouri Bar Precedent 22 (2011).