USD Exchange Program Spring 2013
Click here for the list of approved USD Courses
JD students in good standing, except for international students and students attending as visitors, are eligible for the Exchange Program. The Exchange will operate only in the fall and spring trimesters and will be limited to 10 students from each school each term. Students must obey the regulations of both schools. Units taken at USD will count against the total of 8 units that can be transferred from another law school. USD units will be considered as part of the academic load at CWSL.
The procedure for petition approval, registration, add/drop, and post-session for the USD Program Exchange is as follows.
1. COMPLETE THE CWSL PETITION FOR THE “USD EXCHANGE PROGRAM.”
• Fill out the top portion of the USD Exchange Program Petition (available at the Registrar's office)
• Indicate the trimester you wish to attend.
• Indicate the number of units you plan on taking both at CWSL and USD.
NOTE: The total number at both schools combined CANNOT exceed the CWSL maximum course load limit (17 units for full-time students, 11 units for part-time students).
• Indicate which course you wish to take at USD. If there is an alternative course you are interested in, list that as well.
NOTE: Approved students are limited to one course per trimester, and other CWSL policies pertaining to transferring units still apply.
• Submit this form to Associate Dean’s Office for approval NO LATER THAN Monday, January 7, 2013
2. REGISTERING FOR COURSES AT USD
• Once you have received approval to attend USD, you must contact their Registrar’s Office at 619-260-4526. You will need to stop by their office located in the Room 202, Warren Hall, in the main law school building on the University of San Diego campus, to complete your registration.
Standard (except on days before holidays) :
M T F
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
On registration days and during exams:
M T W Th
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
• You must register no later than Monday, January 28, 2013. Classes begin Monday, January 14, 2013. Please check the attached USD schedule for the meeting days and times of the courses offered.
3. ADD/DROP PROCEDURES
• To drop your course at USD, first contact the USD Registrar’s Office and follow their Add/Drop procedures. You MUST then contact the CWSL Registrar’s Office to notify us of your drop at USD.
NOTE: Failure to notify CWSL of dropped courses at USD, may result in erroneous calculated units toward your graduation requirement.
• Likewise, if you decide to take the “alternative” course listed on your original approved petition, and would like to drop the prior course and add the alternate course, you will need to contact the USD Registrar’s Office first. If they allow your change, then you MUST also notify the Registrar’s Office at CWSL of your change.
4. TUITION PAYMENT
The usual tuition and fees will be paid only to the home institution. No tuition or fees will be paid to the host institution. Students are governed by the tuition policies at their home institution.
5. AFTER THE END OF SESSION
After completion of the course, the USD Registrar’s Office will automatically send official transcripts to CWSL’s Registrar’s Office for transfer of credits.
NOTE: Only units with grades of C or better will transfer.
CWSL, Petra Buhlmayer, 619-515-1516, , or
USD, Carrie Wilson, 619-260-6851, .