California Western --


LL.M. in Trial Advocacy Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply?

Each application must include official transcripts of all law school work, two letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and a non-refundable application fee of $45 in the form of a check or money order, made payable to California Western School of Law.

APPLY to Earn Your LL.M in Trial Advocacy Specializing in Federal Criminal Defense Law

Am I eligible for financial aid?

Yes! California Western assists more than 85% of the student body.  You may be eligible for loan deferment for your undergraduate and law school loans.  CLICK HERE for additional information.

Is assistance with housing available?

Yes! Our housing co-coordinator and admissions counselor can assist you with your relocation.  For a housing packet and more information, please contact Heidi Cruise at or call (619) 515-1574.

 Where will my internship be?

One of the many benefits you will encounter as an LL.M. student is the opportunity to be placed at a Federal Defender office for your internship.  In the past we have placed students all over the country, from Los Angeles to Puerto Rico.  If you have an office you would like to work in we will do everything possible to make it happen.

 How big will the class be?

The LL.M. program specifically selects a small number of students so that you will be offered exclusive individual attention, and your opportunities for employment are maximized.