Law School Assessment
A Discussion Group for Assessment Professionals
Hosted by California Western School of Law
ABOUT THIS LISTERV:
This listserv is intended to be a community and clearinghouse for anyone involved in law school assessment to share ideas and methodologies, as well as to pose questions. The American Bar Association has joined regional higher education accreditors in focusing on the commitment of law schools to outcomes-based, evidence-informed education. For some accreditors and law schools, the focus on programmatic assessment in legal education is new and unfamiliar. This listserv seeks to be a platform for all law school faculty and staff involved in assessment – new and seasoned -- to share information, ideas, and learn from each other.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE:
To subscribe to the Law School Assessment listserv, send an email to: LSA-Subscribe@cwsl.edu. Please include your name and affiliation in your email. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email reply welcoming you to the group.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE:
To unsubscribe from the Law School Assessment listserv, send an email to: LSA-Leave@cwsl.edu. The subject and message body can be blank. You will be automatically unsubscribed from the list.
LISTSERV ETIQUETTE and rules:
- Have respect for others.
- Be polite.
- Do not engage in personal attacks.
- Do not send copyrighted materials.
- Do not send someone else’s private email without their permission.
- Unless you have their permission, do not share outside this listserv someone else’s comments on this listserv.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the list", through the listserv. To unsubscribe from the list, follow the directions at the bottom of this page.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says, "Long Message."
- When using an Auto Reply message for times you are out of the office, please be sure to "Create a Rule" (this is easily done with Microsoft Outlook’s Out of Office Assistant) that would prohibit sending the message to the entire list.
© 2021 California Western School of Law
All rights reserved. All content on this web site is copyrighted and may be reproduced in any form including digital and print for any non-commercial purpose so long as this notice remains visible and attached hereto. California Western School of Law presents the information on this web site as a service to our Listserv members. While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not legal advice. Moreover, unless expressly stated, views and opinions expressed herein have not been approved by California Western School of Law and do not necessarily represent the policies of California Western School of Law. In addition, due to the rapidly changing nature of the law and our reliance on the information provided by outside sources, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Links are provided as a service, but California Western School of Law does not intend links to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities.