The Adrianne Baker Fellowship Program is California Western's Loan Repayment Assistance Program for graduates employed by a legal aid, legal services, or other nonprofit advocacy or policy organizations. One-time awards of up to $5000 are made to a small number of students each year.
- Graduation Year: Graduates are eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance during the five years immediately following their graduation from the J.D. program.
- Type of Employment: Graduates are eligible for loan repayment assistance if they are employed or to be employed:
- full time;
- in a law or law related position; and
- by a legal aid, legal services or other nonprofit advocacy or policy organization qualifying for tax exemption under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Government employees are not eligible.
- Minimum Debt Requirement: Graduates with more than $50,000 in certified law school debt are eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance.
In making awards, the Committee will consider the applicant's:
- Financial needs
- Commitment to public interest
- The number of applicants
- The availability of present and future funds
- The need for continuation of the Loan Repayment Assistance Program in the future
- Any other relevant factors.
- Previous recipients may re-apply, but their previous awards will be considered in the awarding process.
- The ideology of the organization by which the graduate is employed will not be considered in determining eligibility for assistance.
For the 2020 award cycle, your completed application materials must be received by July 6, 2020. Applications may be sent via postal mail, fax, or as password-protected email attachments (please do NOT send applications via unprotected email).
CWSL Financial Aid Office
Loan Repayment Assistance Program
225 Cedar Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Award recipients will be notified during the fall. Should you have any questions about the program or application, please contact William Kahler at email@example.com or 619-525-7063.