These scholarship policies govern most entering scholarships; however, entering students’ specific scholarship terms are governed by their scholarship award letters.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship in the second or third year, part-time division students must provide evidence of employment, family responsibilities, illness, or some other circumstance that justifies their part-time course load.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship in the third year, students must have 1) completed the second year in three or fewer trimesters, and 2) taken during their second year at least four required or California bar-tested courses of three or more credits, not including STEPPS.
- In the event that scholarship recipients transfer from California Western School of Law (CWSL) at any time, they will no longer be eligible for the scholarship and must repay to CWSL the total value of the scholarship awarded up to that point. Students must repay the amount in full within 30 days of the date of transfer. Students may apply for a loan offered by CWSL to help repay the amount. Generally, all loans will be approved upon completion of required documentation. The conditions of this loan and the applicable interest rates are available for review in the CWSL Business Office.
- Students who receive scholarships in the second or third year must take the California bar exam before taking the bar exam of any other jurisdiction, unless they request a waiver that is approved by the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs.
- If students are found guilty of an honor code violation, scholarships may be revoked and might not be reinstated.
- Scholarships only apply towards classes taken at CWSL.