To learn more about our scholarship offerings or to discuss your scholarship offer, please talk with an admissions counselor.
Academic Merit Scholarships
A number of scholarships are awarded each year to recognize outstanding achievement by students during the first year and second year of law study. California Western awards students at the top of their class based on class rank at the completion of the first and second years of law school, respectively. The amount of awards given in any academic year depends on budget availability.
- Awards range from partial to full-tuition scholarships
- Applications are not required for this scholarship, and it is not necessary to have demonstrated need.
Dean's Diversity Scholarship
A number of scholarships are awarded each year to second year students who have strong academic achievements, financial need and demonstrated commitment to community activities, ethnic, cultural or other diversity characteristics.
- Awards range from partial to full-tuition.
- The scholarship is renewable after the second year.
- Application is required. All students who receive at least an 2.67 cumulative grade point average after their first year are eligible to apply.
Walid Taleb Memorial Scholarship
The Walid Taleb Memorial Scholarship was established by friends and family in memory of alumnus Walid Taleb '87 who lived in the Ivory Coast, West Africa.
- Open to any incoming or current student from Africa or Lebanon who intends to return there after graduation and work with the criminal justice system.
- Award amount each year will be determined by California Western.
- Financial need is not a factor in the criteria.
- Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office