The California Western School of Law Alumni Association is led by a Board of Directors that oversees the strategic direction of the Association. The Board of Directors assists the office of Alumni Engagement in our mission to foster and nurture meaningful, lifelong, mutually beneficial connections and relationships. The Alumni Association Board of Directors is comprised of not more than forty elected alumni members. The Executive Officers as well as the Alumni Board meet four times a year (January, April, July, and October).
The goal of the Association is to provide opportunities for engagement and involvement though a variety of channels, such as, but not limited to, programs, events, leadership, advocacy, mentoring and teaching opportunities, as well as offering resources, services and ways to stay connected. The Association annually seeks to secure alumni to serve as leaders of the Association.
The Association fosters involvement and engagement through the following six committees:
1. Alumni of the Year Awards Committee
2. Continuing Education Committee
3. Fostering Community Committee: Annual Golf Tournament
4. Networking and Professional Advancement Committee
5. Social Media Committee
Plans, organizes and implements all aspects of the Annual Golf Tournament for alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of the law school. Tournament raises funds for the Alumni Association.
6. Student Engagement Committee
- Programs and events to connect and engage the students of the Law School.
7. Supporting the Law School Committee:
- Programs and events to connect and engage alumni and students of the Law School.
Alumni vs. Students Annual Softball Game
Sports and Entertainment Events
Volunteer Day of Service
Welcome to the Bar Receptions
In addition to the programs and activities listed above the board partakes in additional outreach;
Bar Association (local and regional)
Campus focus groups
Council of Visitor’s Meetings
Mock Interviews /Career Mentors
Oath of Professional Conduct
Regional Club Events