New Media Rights (www.newmediarights.org)
New Media Rights, an independently funded program of California Western School of Law, is a nonprofit program that provides legal services, education, and advocacy for Internet users and creators.
Specialty areas include:
- Copyright & Online Publishing
- Responding to and drafting DMCA takedowns, DMCA counter-notices, cease and desist letters, account terminations
- Pre-publication review of online video and documentaries - including drafting opinion letters for E&O insurance
- Use and Reuse of copyright protected works & trademarks
- Ownership and authorship between creative and business partners
- Intermediary liability - how is a website or mobile app shielded from liability from the actions of 3rd party users? (Particular focus on federal DMCA & CDA 230)
- Creative Commons licenses
- Open source software licensing questions
Students interested in working in the clinic should contact Ruth Briscoe (Clinical Internship office) at firstname.lastname@example.org and Art Neill at email@example.com and 619-591-8870 for more information.