During her 30 years at the law school, Professor Channick co-directed the CWSL Institute of Health Law Studies. She was also the CWSL director of and a teacher in the joint health law master degree program, a collaborative degree program previously offered by California Western School of Law and the University of California, San Diego. After teaching for a number of years in the transactional curriculum, Professor Channick became interested in the legal issues affecting health care and the elderly. In 2000-2001, she earned a Masters in Public Health from the Harvard University School of Public Health with an emphasis in health policy.
- JD California Western School of Law (1980)
- MPH Harvard University School of Public Health (2001)
- BA Cornell University (1965)
- Health Law & Policy
- Public Health Law
- Law, Aging and Policy
- Health Law Survey
- Trusts & Estates
- Estate Planning
- Community Property
Law Review Articles
- Susan Adler Channick, The ACA, Provider Mergers and Hospital Pricing: Experimenting With Smart, Lower-Cost Health Insurance Options, 6 Wm & Mary Pol'y Rev. 1 (2015).
- Susan Adler Channick, Health Care Cost Containment: No Longer an Option but a Mandate, 13 Nev. L.J. 792 (2013).
- Susan A. Channick, Taming the Beast of Health Care Costs: Why Medicare Reform Alone is Not Enough, 21 Annals Health L. 63 (2012).
- Susan A. Channick, The Vulnerabilities of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Tragedy of Repeal, 38 Rutgers L. Rec. 153 (2011).
- Susan Adler Channick, Will Americans Embrace Single-Payer Health Insurance: The Intractable Barriers of Inertia, Free Market and Culture, 28 Law & Ineq. 1 (2010).
- Susan A. Channick, Can State Health Reform Initiatives Achieve Universal Coverage: Lessons from California’s Recent Failed Experiment, 18 S. Cal. Interdisc. L.J. 485 (2009).