Tax-Free IRA Contributions
How Does It Work?
Under current law, if you are 70 or older you can make a tax-free charitable contribution of up to $100k each year
from your IRA directly to a nonprofit. California Western is a 501 (c)(3) organization and is eligible to receive
such contributions. To make an IRA contribution, simply contact your IRA account manager and request a distribution
When planning a contribution from your IRA, you will need to consider how you would like your gift to be
used—whether unrestricted in purpose or restricted to a specific purpose such as student scholarships or to support
a clinic. You should also consider if you want your gift to be expendable (spent in full when received) or endowed
(to last in perpetuity).
- A charitable contribution from your IRA is tax-free and easy to execute.
- You have control over how your gift is used.
- It is repeatable year after year.
This Might Interest You If…
You want to make a gift to California Western and you:
- Want your gift to support our students and our work, but you lack liquid assets.
- Want your gift to make a difference to California Western students now and for years to come.