The Master of Laws in US Law (LLM) & Master of Comparative Law (MCL) Program is designed to prepare lawyers from other countries to work knowledgeably with lawyers in the United States on questions of common interest arising under either their own or the US legal system.
- The courses offered by our program allow you to tailor the program to fit your academic and professional interests.
Why California Western?
- California Western was one of the first schools to offer a LLM course in the USA for International lawyers.
- Our program has over 500 graduates from 62 countries. Read our trimesterly newsletter to see the successes our graduates have had after completing the program and using their LLM degree in the USA.
- You will be joining a diverse student body. About 50 percent of our entering students represent ethnically diverse backgrounds. National Jurist magazine recently named California Western among the top 40 law schools in the country for diversity.
- San Diego is an ideal city to live in while you continue your legal education. Mild year-round weather and convenient access to beaches and the ocean are only part of the appeal. The California Western campus is located in the heart of San Diego's legal and political community.
- LLM students can apply to participate in live client clinics that are offered by the school.
How to Apply