Summary of Graduation Requirements Check List
- 90 units*
- 45 units or more completed at CWSL
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or better
- Final trimester GPA 2.0 or better
11 units of Experiential (EXP) course work
- 3 units from STEPPS
- 2 units from Legal Skills 2
- 6 units from EXP courses, clinics, or externships
Scholarly Writing Requirement
- Legal Scholarship Training Seminar
- SW course
Required Courses (courses completed with grade of D- or higher)
- Civil Procedure I
- Civil Procedure II
- Contracts I
- Contracts II
- Criminal Law
- Torts I
- Legal Skills I
- Legal Skills II
- Property I
- Property II
- Constitutional Law I
- Criminal Procedure
- STEPPS 6 units (two, 3-unit semester long courses
- Torts II
Were you required to take the Academic Achievement Workshop?
If yes, I will have completed, with a grade of C or better:
- All required Second year courses (listed above)
- Constitutional Law II
- Business Organizations
- Community Property
- Trusts & Estates
* If graduating with more than 90 units, must obtain approval by the Vice Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
* Note: All fees and tuition charges must be paid in full. A student cannot graduate while in “Past Due” status.
Academic Achievement Workshop (AAW) Requirements
Per Academic Policy 2.01(C), students who take the Academic Achievement Workshop (AAW) must complete the following
courses with an overall C GPA across all upper
division bar courses in order to graduate.
Students who are interested in the following programs must plan their schedules carefully. Find information about
these programs on the CWSL website.
- Areas of Concentration
- Clinical Externship Program - Field Placement [3Ls only]
- Clinics - Trademark, New Media Rights, Community Law, etc.
- Law Review/International Law Journal
- California Innocence Project
- Competitive Advocacy Program (Trial, Appellate, ADR Teams)
- Summer Abroad Programs