Bookstore FAQ Page
You may purchase your course materials anywhere you choose, EXCEPT for coursepacks and custom books, and the URLs of the vendors who sell those are below.
WHERE DO I FIND MY BOOK LIST?
Your book list can be found by logging into the STUDENT PORTAL and clicking on the REGISTRATION & RECORDS tab, then clicking on MY SCHEDULE, then selecting the correct SESSION and scrolling down to click on BOOK LIST. (Note: You may have to allow pop-ups)
WHEN CAN I PURCHASE MY COURSE MATERIALS?
Your course materials should be available for purchase the month before classes begin but may be available as early as Registration.
WHO SELLS MY COURSE MATERIALS?
Legal Books Distributing will carry print versions of most course materials and Montezuma/RedShelf will be the exclusive vendor carrying coursepacks. Publishers may also carry your course materials, with the exception of coursepacks. (See #9 for details about these sources)
- Most books are assigned a unique identifier (ISBN) by the publisher, that distinguishes the specific edition/version. Whenever available, the 13-digit ISBNs have been provided to help you search for your books.
- Before purchasing, read all Instructor's Notes on your CWSL custom Book List in the STUDENT PORTAL.
HOW DO I FIND A PUBLISHER’S WEBSITE/URL?
You can Google each publisher to find their website OR you may find many of them on this site: https://lawbookspublishersurls.wordpress.com/
CAN I USE DIGITAL COURSE MATERIALS IN CLASS?
Not in all classes.
If your professor has an open book exam, you may not be able to access your digital book because of restrictions with our exam software so before purchasing, either ask your professor, check the "Instructor's Note" on your custom Course Materials/Book list, and/or refer to your syllabus.
If digital versions are allowed and exist, some may be available for purchase through RedShelf or through the publishers.
Some publishers use authoring software to offer other digital solutions that come with outline tools and self-assessment materials, to name a few features. A few of the larger publishers and their platforms are listed below:
HOW DO I USE MY BOOK STIPEND?
Book stipend recipients will receive a check for the period August 1, 2017 - July 31, 2018 (prorated for December 2017 graduates), and will be able to use the funds to purchase materials from any retailer.
The amount received is taxable; check with your tax adviser regarding tax implications. Because the amount is taxable, please fill out a W-9 form and return it to the Business Office when you pick up your check. You can pick up your check from the Business Office on August 1, 2017.
If you have questions about your stipend, please contact email@example.com.
- Note, your custom Book List in the STUDENT PORTAL identifies which books are required.
- The Legal Books Distributing website identifies which books are required if you drill down by Selecting your School (CALIFORNIA WESTERN School of Law), then selecting your class, then clicking on your professor’s name.
CAN I RENT MY BOOKS?
You are welcome to find any online vendor who rents books but make sure you search for the correct version/edition by using each book’s unique 13-digit ISBN, if it has one.
HOW DO I PURCHASE THE DIGITAL MATERIAL “CORE GRAMMAR FOR LAWYERS”?
Before placing your order, wait to receive a Class Code from your professor so you can access the required material and link your account with theirs as you check out.
SOME ONLINE SOURCES THAT CARRY COURSE MATERIALS
- LEGAL BOOKS DISTRIBUTING (LBD) carries print versions of most of CWLS’s books.
- If you place your order before 2p (PST) M-F, it should ship the same day.
- If you see “Pre-Order Now” LBD is expecting stock soon so either place your order and it will ship once stock arrives OR purchase elsewhere. Do not “Add to Wishlist” if you’re trying to purchase, as it will only be stored for future reference.
- If both New and Used books have a line through them and say (Out of stock), first check the “Professor’s Note to Students” and if there’s no information, contact LBD at 800 200-7110 OR find it elsewhere.
- LBD uses various shipping couriers (GSO, UPS, FEDEX, USPS) and you can track your packages through each of them.
- LBD also carries Study Aids http://legalbooksdistributing.com/study-aids/
- LBD’s Return Policy can be found here http://legalbooksdistributing.com/return-policy/
- Notes from your professors are on your CWSL custom Book List as well as on the LBD website under your class/section.
- To see if materials are required or optional, click on the class/section, then click on your professor's name.
- CONTACT: TOLL FREE NUMBER: (800) 200-7110
BUSINESS HOURS: M-F 8:30am - 5pm (PST) (During Rush – 7:30a – 6p)
2740 E Regal Park Drive
Anaheim, CA 92806
- MONTEZUMA/REDSHELF is the exclusive vendor for all of CWSL’s coursepacks. Coursepacks are printed on demand and it should take 24 business hours to print and ship after placing your order.
- Montezuma Publishing obtains the copyrights for our coursepacks.
- RedShelf processes the orders through their website and provides you with customer service.
- You may also find digital versions of your books on this site but before you purchase, either ask your professor, check the syllabus and/or check the "Instructor's Note" to see if they’re allowed in class.
- If your professor gives an open book exam, you may not be able to access your digital book because of restrictions with our exam software.
- Their Return Policy can be found here https://cwsl.redshelf.com/refunds/
- CONTACT: TOLL FREE NUMBER: (888) 622-9838
PRINTING/SHIPPING BUSINESS HOURS: M-F 6am - 5pm (PST)
CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE HOURS: M-F 8am - 7pm (CST)
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org 24/7
- PUBLISHERS carry books that are currently in print and most publishers sell their books through their site.
WILL COURSE MATERIALS BE AVAILABLE ON RESERVE IN THE LIBRARY?
Most textbooks will be available on reserve in the library but there will be a limited supply so please plan accordingly.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE CWSL GEAR, OFFICE SUPPLIES AND PARKING METER CARDS?
CWSL is currently looking for a vendor to sell CWSL gear. Check back for updates.
WILL THERE BE A BUY-BACK PROGRAM?
No, but you are free to coordinate with your classmates to buy, sell or trade books. Just make sure you have the correct versions/editions for each of your classes. For Fall 2017, ILS is holding a Book Fair on 8/28-8/31, 9/5 and 9/6 and you may contact Kathy Pham at KPham@law.cwsl.edu for more information.