Your browser is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites.
Learn how to update your browser.

We are dedicated to providing education, service, and support to ensure that you as a student have an equal opportunity for success. We will work with you to find the best approach for your education.

California Western provides reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities in accordance with applicable law and the Law School's Policy and Procedure for the Provision of Services to Students with Disabilities.

We encourage you to review the Policy and Procedures for the Provision of Services to Students with Disabilities.

To Get Started

  1. Complete and submit the Accommodations Request Application to Student & Diversity Services. Please use all reasonable efforts to submit requests 30 days prior to the last day of classes. Petitions received less than one week prior to the start of the exam period may be denied.
  2. If needed, give your physician or qualified professional the Release Form and Professional Verification (included in the packet). The qualified professional must include supporting documentation to verify any disabilities, and submit documents via mail, fax (619-615-1448), or email (
  3. Once steps 1 and 2 are completed, we will contact you via email to schedule an appointment with the Assistant Dean for Student & Diversity Services.

You are encouraged to meet with the Assistant Dean of Student & Diversity Services to discuss questions about the process or to discuss specific classroom or exam accommodations.

If you are granted permanent accommodations, you are not required to submit an additional request, unless you are requesting new or revised accommodations. If you are granted temporary or transitory accommodations, you are required to meet with the Assistant Dean each trimester.

We encourage you to start early in your law school career to learn and understand the requirements to receive testing accommodations for the MPRE or state bar exam (see links on left hand side of page). Timelines for outside licensing or testing agencies may differ significantly from policies and procedures at California Western.

Contact Information

If you have questions or a 504 grievance, please contact California Western's ADA Coordinator:

Susan G. Finster
Assistant Dean for Student & Diversity Services
Student Center, 350 Building First Floor
Phone: (619) 515-1576