CWSL Student Computer Services Overview for New Students
Name: “CWSL Students”. Access requires login with student network credentials.
Tip: set computer to connect automatically, see tech support for assistance.
- How to print at CWSL.
- Laptop printing:
- Available ONLY for MS-Word or PDF formatted documents. (Desktop PC required to print all other documents. See video above or tech support for details.)
- Login and select printer, then upload document for printing.
|| Library 1st Floor by scanner station
|| Library 3rd Floor South-West Corner
|| Library 4th Floor South-West Corner
| 350- North
| 350 Student Lounge
| 350 Student Lounge
*Pool-Lib-1st-Floor is a pool printer. Any print job sent to that printer will go to one of the two printers on the first floor. Check both printers for your print job.
- Black and white printers: $.04 per page. Discount for double sided printing, $.07 per sheet of paper.
Black and White
Six pages, single-sided
Six pages, double-sided
$0.21 (three sheets of paper at $.07/ea.)
- Students are given a printing allocation of $9.00 per trimester enrolled.
- Any pages printed are deducted from allocation per the above pricing.
- At the beginning of each trimester within an academic year, $9.00 will be added to an enrolled student’s balance from the previous term.
- Balances roll over between trimesters of an academic year.At the end of the year (between summer and fall) all negative balances are sent to the business office for collection.
- Printing fees and library fines are payable at the CWSL Business Office or online.
- Separator Pages
- Pages separating print jobs are on colored paper and include a student’s network ID.There is no charge for these pages.
- All official announcements from the school will be sent to your CWSL email account.Students are responsible for checking email on a regular basis.
- CWSL provides email via Microsoft Office 365.Email is accessible from web or device.Instructions on access are here.
- Email format – NOTE difference between faculty/staff and student emails @ CWSL:
- Student= firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office 365 accounts provide students a free copy of the current version of MS-Office.
- Use of MS-Word recommended as our laptop printing system only works with MS Word and PDF files.
- Note that MS-Office software included with new PCs will expire within a few months of purchase.Download the free copy at the beginning of school year to avoid loss of access.
- To avoid loss of course related data - backup course related materials from your laptop hard drive to the ‘cloud’ regularly.
- OneDrive space is available for this purpose via your CWSL network account.
- Many CWSL faculty allow students to use Examplify software to write exam answers on a laptop. Note: Use of the software is NOT mandatory, but most students choose to use Examplify rather than handwrite their exams. Click here for more information about Examplify.
Daniel Starnes - Student Network Systems Manager
|| 619-525-1473, email@example.com
|| 290 Library Building, 1st Floor CoLAB
| M-F: 7:30-4:30
Student Computer Services Home Page