Robert R. DeKoven
Legal Writing Professor
Professor DeKoven has taught legal research and writing to more than 5,000 law students and paralegals during his combined 18 years of law teaching at California Western, the University of California, San Diego, the University of San Diego, and Miramar College.
DeKoven publishes over 50 commentaries a year on issues concerning education, privacy, and civil rights. He is a regular contributor to the San Diego Union-Tribune, San Diego's daily newspaper, and The Los Angeles Daily Journal, the leading legal newspaper in California.
- J.D. California Western School of Law [cum laude]
- B.A. San Diego State University [political science]
- Introduction to Legal Skills,
- Legal Skills I & II,
- Legal Research & Writing: Selected Topics
- Robert R DeKoven, Bias on the Basis of Marriage, San Diego Lawyer, at 42 (Nov.-Dec. 2004).
- Robert R DeKoven, High Court Needs to Overturn Ban on Suspicionless School Searches, Los Angeles Daily Journal, at 6 (Oct. 6, 2004).
- Robert R DeKoven, Legal Briefs: Paper Can’t Fire Columnist for Political Views; Court Gives Freelancers Some Clout, but at the Expense of Their Employers, Press Pass Q, (Apr. 2004).
- Robert R DeKoven, Real Men Knit, Real Women Lead Universities, San Diego Union Tribune, at B8 (Apr. 23, 2004).
- Robert R DeKoven, Courts Debating Whether Revealing Gayness is Highly Offensive, Press Pass Q, (Feb. 2004).
- Robert R DeKoven, School Should Ask Parents Before Police Question Kids, Los Angeles Daily Journal, at 6 (Sept. 10, 2003).