This page provides current students with the forms they need to petition academic matters or request academic records from Registrar’s Office.
Petitioning Academic Matters
Students looking to petition academic matters should direct those requests to the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs. Petitions may also be picked up from the Registrar and the Office of the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs.
Review Academic Policies for addition information on petitions and forms.
The following is list of some of forms you may need.
- Add/Drop Request(PDF)
- Course Exchange Program with San Diego State University (PDF)
- Distance Education Course (PDF)
- FERPA Authorization Release Form
- General Petition Form
- First year students requesting a schedule change due to compelling circumstances
- Part-time upper-division students requesting more than 11 units
- Requests not otherwise listed
- Leave of Absence (PDF)
- Medical leave of absence requests require a meeting with the Vice Dean of Academic & Student Affairs
- Request for Reschedule of Examination
- Disability accommodations requests require meeting with Assistant Dean of Student and Diversity Services
- Requests to Switch Divisions (PDF)
- Research-Based Independent Study (PDF)
- Visit or Take Graduate Courses (PDF)
- Please contact the Office of the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at AcademicAffairs@cwsl.edu
to discuss your withdrawal options
- Please contact the Office of the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at AcademicAffairs@cwsl.edu to discuss your withdrawal options
Need to change your address, request a letter, or request a transcript? Here you can find information what you need and the forms you will need to fill out.
Address Change Form:
Current students who need to change their address may use the above form. You can also pick up a form from the Registrar’s Office. In lieu of the form you can send our office a letter with your signature. If you are submitting your request through email or a letter, please include the following information:
- Student ID
- New Address
- Home and Cell Phone Numbers
- Effective Date of Address Change and Signature
- Alumni who need to change their addresses with the school should contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com or at (619) 525-1468
Transcript Request Form:
- Transcripts can be ordered online 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can order transcripts using all major credit cards
- If you choose not to order through the clearinghouse you can use the above Transcript Request Form. You will need to send this form back to the Registrar’s Office. Transcript requests through mail may take up to 2 weeks to process.
- Current students can get an unofficial PDF copy of the transcript through the student portal. You will need your CWSL email address, password, and student ID. If you have forgotten your student ID you can look it up online.
- Current student please be aware each trimester there is a two-week period prior to the release of grades during which transcripts are not available.
- Please note the Registrar's office will not make copies of transcripts issued by other schools which may be part of your student file.
- PDF copies of transcripts for Alumni are no longer available
- Students who Attended California Western prior to 1978
- If you attended California Western prior to 1978 please contact USIU/Alliant University at 858-635-4581 for a copy of your transcript.
- If you have additional questions, see the Transcript Guide or contact the Registrar’s Office.
Request a Letter Form:
- You can use the above form to request a Letter of Standing or Enrollment Verifications
- If you are planning to visit another school, you need to fill out a petition and receive approval before asking for a Letter of Good Standing-Visit Another School.
- Letters of standing are usually processed within 48 business hours of receipt.
If you wish to withhold disclosure of your contact information (according to the FERPA Guidelines); please inform the registrar's office in writing.
Still haven’t found what you are looking for? See the Transcript Guide
You can also contact us if you have additional questions or need to mail, fax or email in a form.